Kelly has reached out and asked if I could share how to create the bouquets and table flowers for her late summer wedding. All celebrations are to take place on the family farm with feasting in the barn. Nothing too fancy, just a few sunflowers, golden roses, hydrangeas and her favourites, rosehips and gumnuts.
She likes the idea of ‘forever’ blooms because once the wedding is over, these same flowers will be used to create a large rustic informal gathering for the front entrance of their barn inspired home.
I’ve done a wee mock up for Kelly, which she loves and now it’s time to share how quick and easy this type of designing is.
Things to gather:
- 1 x stem field sunflower spray
- 1 x stem standard full open sunflower
- 1 x stem gold miniature rose
- 1 x stem apricot miniature rose
- 1 x stem pompom dahlia
- 1 x stem gum nut
- 1 x stem eucalyptus
- 1 x late season hydrangea
- Cable ties to bind stems
- Fabric, ribbon etc to cover stems to create covered handle.