This is for those who asked for an arrangement that is NOT TOO much FALL and the many who have requested if I could share how to tame down the orange.I enjoy the changing of the colours from late summer into fall, but must admit, that full on fall can be a be dominating in a room.
Design tip: if you are ever stuck always reach for green. It never fails to sooth and calm down primary and secondary colors.
This design has it all, bright sun-kissed orange hydrangeas, gorgeous round shiny rose hips, twisty willow interspersed with lush summer green hydrangeas and texturally interesting waratah’s, thus the design title – 'Almost Fall'.
Things to gather:
- I used a rustic paint finished cream/brown pot.
- A few branches of twisted willow
- Hydrangea Foliage
- 2 stems of orange rose hips
- 1 double headed green hydrangea.
- 2 large orange hydrangea heads. (updated)
- 2 Orange & 2 Green Waratahs